The Repair & Paint process – How it’s done…
We offer FREE estimates and vehicle collection & delivery as standard.
- To begin with, if needed, we strip off the trims/panels and any badges in and around the damaged area.
- Using high specification tools we massage the damaged metal back into shape and if needed make use of a light skim of body filler to smooth out any imperfections.
- Primer Stage sees a coat of etch primer applied to the prepared metal along with 2-3 coats of high-build primer, before being rubbed down and ‘made-ready’ for paint application (If new parts are needed, these are sourced and prepared in the same way).
- With the vehicle masked again, we then apply 2-3 coats of colour and 2 coats of the best quality medium or high solid lacquer (Remember, we have already established the correct colour via our colour-matching database, taken from manufacturers paint code or colour matching via bespoke mixing service to produce an exact match).
- The paint is then fully cured in the spray booth oven where the vehicle (or panel) is baked at 60 degrees centigrade, or via our infrared curing system.
- We then machine polish with high quality tools to achieve the very best results and depth of shine ready for the final process.
- Finally, we clean, polish and vacuum the vehicle; making it ready for collection or delivery.